Grow microgreens in 1-2 weeks and enjoy the taste of fresh food grown in the convenience of your kitchen! This MicroGreen Grow Kit produces microgreens so quickly that you can see the change in growth with each passing day. It's a great way to produce a large amount of incredibly nutritious food in a small amount of time!
Microgreens grow in 1-2 weeks, they're the easiest type of plant to grow, they don't require any nutrients, and they contain up to 10x more nutrients per gram than their fully grown counterparts (i.e. a pea sprout will be more nutritious than a pea)!
How does it work?
The embodied energy in a seed provides it with enough oomph to get it sprouting and putting out roots. This means that you can grow leaf/sprout mass without using any soil or nutrients at all! By growing on a coconut fibre mat - we are able to provide a medium for the roots to grow through, as well as a surface which keeps the seeds just moist enough for them to continue growing.
- The tray can be re-used repeatedly.
- Easy to set up and use
- Fast growth time - harvest in less than 3 weeks!
- Microgreens are highly nutritious - some having 10x more nutrients per gram than their fully-grown counterparts.
- Versatile vegetables that can be used in a variety of dishes.
- A fun experiment for kids to learn how things grow.
- Incredibly short farm to table time.
- Coconut mats are 100% compostable.
What's in the box?
- 4x Coconut Mats
- Instruction Manual
- 2x Green Microgreen Tray (34cm x 26cm)
- 2x Inner Mesh Tray (34cm x 26cm)
- 250mL Glass Spray Bottle
Note: Only use seeds that have not been chemically treated (all of our sprout seeds are not chemically treated), some sprouts need to be cooked before eating. Check seed pages for seed-specific instructions before growing. The product does not come with grown plants as seen in the picture above. Seeds are not sold with international shipments.
- Soak coconut mats in water for 30 minutes
- If your seeds are larger than a grain of rice, soak them in water overnight.
- Place a single coconut mat on the white inner tray
Scatter seeds evenly over the top of the mat. This step takes a bit of practice to judge how to space them perfectly. You want them to be packed densely enough to support each other as they grow, but not so close that they don't have good airflow over them and end up getting mouldy.
- Spray gently with water
- You can stack trays on top of each other, repeat steps 3-5 with up to 5 additional trays (the weight of the trays presses the seeds down and forces their roots to grow downwards into the coconut mat).
- Spray each layer of seeds with water daily.
- When seeds have sprouts that are ~3cm long - unstack the trays and place each tray flat and uncovered so that they can grow upward.
Place plants in sunlight in the final two daysto develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
Our team packs orders Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Unless you are purchasing a product which is out of stock, then we typically have a handling time of less than 48 hours.
Warranty & Returns
We offer change of mind returns on all products, and a 1 year warranty on all electrical goods.
Check our our FAQ page for more details! Feel free to drop us a line if there's anything you need help with that hasn't already been answered!